Aggregation across collections

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Hi Vaccano,

Thanks for the 2012 upgrade. We have an upgraded 2012 instance with multiple collections and I'm struggling to apply rules across multiple collections. The behaviour I'm experiencieng is thus

If the URL is collection specific the rules are applied for that collection. If the URL is server wide i.e http:\<server>:8080\tfs then the rules only apply for the Defaultcollection.

Great if you want to target a single collection but seemingly no way to apply across collections. I've seen posts wich suggest you can't repro this so any ideas why this isn't working for me?

Regards

Vladski
Jun 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I also got problems with selecting multiple collections (a bit different):

In the current version it is possible to configure the Aggregator for one specific Collection or for all collections (didn't try this) on the TFS Server.
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to select 2 or more collections.

Our shared TFS Server currently contains 5 collections. We want to use the Aggregator for just 2 of these collections (and not setting it as the default for all collections on the server). Currently, it is not possible to configure this and it is getting a big issue for us. I have read that more people are struggling with this.

My wish for the next release is to make the <AggregatorItems> element repeatable so it’s possible to configure AggregatorItems per collection.
It's not really a discussion, I'm looking for the right place to register this great feature :) Maybe at issues?
Oct 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM
So, is it possible to go across all collections if you don't specify a collection, or will it only apply to the default collection? If the latter, then in your example, you either hit the default or you specify one of the five. So which is it?
Oct 23, 2013 at 7:53 PM
If you can go against all collections, although not desirable, you could insert Condition statements checking for all Projects this rule applies, correct?
Oct 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Tried removing the collection, hoping it would cover all collections. It did not work. No aggregation occured.
Jan 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM
We've been able to get this to work, added significant logging, without much code, to a TXT file, by Collection, to eliminate the hassles of Dbgview, the event viewer, and needing access to the TFS server. With the additional logging, figuring out where issues are in your rules is a snap, and looks great when using Baretailpro. Also found/resolved a bug when aggregating to a parent.