TFS 2013

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Anyone have the .dll and xml file download for TFS 2013??
Developer
Oct 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM
There isn't a DLL, but the source code is in the $/Features/TFS 2013 Preview branch under the Source Code tab above. Just grab it and recompile.
Oct 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Cant get it to compile…..Looking for references I don’t not have.

Any way you can send me the output files?

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM
You just need to reference Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server - it's in the GAC. Once I did that I got it to compile fine (other than the output path going to a share). Of course, It doesn't do anything when I install it in TFS 2013...
Nov 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Compiled and got nothing. Anyone have this issue and have it working??
Any help at all is appreciated.
Just need the dll and xml file output for TFS 2013

Much appreciated.
Nov 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Compiled and got nothing. Anyone have this issue and have it working??
Any help at all is appreciated.
Just need the dll and xml file output for TFS 2013

Much appreciated.

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Hi,

I gave this a go today with no luck. I compiled the "TFS 2013 Preview" Project and copied the dll into the plugins directory. TFS Aggregator is being picked up but I can't get rid of the following error when aggregating from a Task to a User Story in the 2013 Agile Template.

Clues anyone?
[7840] TFSAggregator: Exception encountered processing Work Item [0]: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.  
[7840] TFSAggregator: Stack Trace:   at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly, Boolean wantToCreate)  
[7840] TFSAggregator:    at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName, Boolean wantToCreate)  
[7840] TFSAggregator:    at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source)  
[7840] TFSAggregator:    at TFSAggregator.TFSAggregatorSettings.get_TFSUri()  
[7840] TFSAggregator:    at TFSAggregator.WorkItemChangedEventHandler.ProcessEvent(TeamFoundationRequestContext requestContext, NotificationType notificationType, Object notificationEventArgs, Int32& statusCode, String& statusMessage, ExceptionPropertyCollection& properties) 
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Ok I have it working now, but I had to make some changes, the basis of which are Here.
  1. First I set up a log in in TFS for use of the Aggregator. I gave this user full access to the following keys in the registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Security
  2. Then I needed to make the same change to the code that was needed in the 2012. In the TFSAccess.cs file make the following change to line 33;
            TfsTeamProjectCollection tfs = new TfsTeamProjectCollection(new Uri(tfsUri), new System.Net.NetworkCredential("<username>", "<password>"));
where username and password are that of the TFS account you set up. In the link above it says to use Network Service, but that didn't work for me. Then just recompile and copy the dll back into the Plugins directory and I was sweet. I also recommend changing the above code change to pick up your username and password from the xml file. It's not hard to do but I think the above is the minimum change needed to get things rolling.

Happy Aggregating!
Nov 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
PeteMclean wrote:
Ok I have it working now, but I had to make some changes, the basis of which are Here.
In the link above it says to use Network Service, but that didn't work for me. Then just recompile and copy the dll back into the Plugins directory and I was sweet. I also recommend changing the above code change to pick up your username and password from the xml file. It's not hard to do but I think the above is the minimum change needed to get things rolling.
Hi Pete, I have tried following your steps and I can't figure out why it seems the TfsAggregator is not being picked up. I've turned on the trace (in the web.config) for my TFS 2013 server but I can't find the log file. Any help would be appreciated.
Feb 18, 2015 at 9:00 PM
I finally got TFSAggregator working on TFS2013 with PeteMclean's comments and other google web searches.
I had many different errors, including the error mentioned by PeteMclean: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. Inaccessible logs: Security
I found the errors by using "DebugView", as described in the TFSAggregator documentation on the GitHub site.

Here is what I did:
1) I put a user & password of a domain user in the AggregatorItems.xml file.
2) I did not include the name of my "TFS project" in the tfsServerUrl.
This is what line 2 of my file looked like:
  <AggregatorItems tfsServerUrl="http://tfs2013:8080/tfs" username="domain\user" password="pa$$w0rd"
3) Use regedit, I gave this user full security access to:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog 
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Security
4) I added this user to TFS using the command line:
    tfssecurity /g+ "Team Foundation Service Accounts" n:domain_name\user_name /server:SERVER_URL
5) I also added him as a member of my "TFS project" using the web page.