The work item does not exist

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM
When I turn on logging, I get a casting exception, so I can't get any logging.

With logging turned off, I'm working with work ID 8, but get the following, appearing like the wrong ID is being picked up.

TFSAggregator: Exception encountered processing Work Item [3607]: TF26198: The work item does not exist, or you do not have permission to access it. Stack Trace: at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItem.LoadWorkItemFromRowSetInternal(Int32 rev, Nullable`1 asof, IWorkItemRowSets witem) at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItem..ctor(WorkItemStore store, Int32 id) at TFSAggregator.TFSAccess.GetWorkItem(Int32 workItemId) at TFSAggregator.WorkItemChangedEventHandler.ProcessEvent(TeamFoundationRequestContext requestContext, NotificationType notificationType, Object notificationEventArgs, Int32& statusCode, String& statusMessage, ExceptionPropertyCollection& properties)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Oct 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Found the issue. When I have the field set as <READONLY not="[project]<team name>" />, it was read only to Aggregator, therefore could not be updated. Changed the attribute of the field to readonly=true, and removed the READONLY statement. Did try and change the READONLY to [global]<global group>, which did work as well, but would not achive my goal.
Oct 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Anyone have any idea when this might be avaiavle for TFS 2013?

I need the dll and xml file. Cant seem to produce it.

Thanks