Upgrade to TFS 2012 - anyone?

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Has anyone taken the plunge and tried to get this to work with TFS2012?  If so, care to share what changes you needed to make?

John

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Not yet, but I'll be watching this post to see if anyone else has!

Thanks,

Shelly

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Check the "Home" page for an explanation as to why I am not upgrading TFS Aggregator to TFS 2012 yet.

I wish I could do it, but the incompatibilities that Microsoft has setup make it impossible for me to move to VS 2012.  And TFS 2012 needs VS 2012 for many features (most notably to setup builds).

If someone tries it and makes changes to make it compatible, I will examine and merge any quality forks.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I have rebuilt the solution for TFS2012 and it works. Is there any way to upload DLLs here so that others can use it?

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Gius, how did you build the solution for TFS2012? What was the secret? I changed framework to 4.5 and replace referenced DLLs to 11.x but nothing works.

I would be glad any advice.

Sergey.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

@molodec5:

Seems I was not the only one having this issue. Here is what I wrote to Ruben, who asked me about the source code three days ago:

I wanted to supply the patch much earlier. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time to polish it as I had to do some changes in the source code. If you have time, I am sending you the source code so that you can compare it with the original one and create the patch.

The reason for the changes I made (besides updating references to TFS2012 dlls) was that Aggregator seemed not to work. I had to add some logging to find out what happens on the server. Logging to Event log was not working as well so I added simple text file output. This helped us to find out the issue. It was that the credentials TFS Aggregator uses (TFS service) did not have permission to connect to TFS (weird, I know). So I added a feature to supply TFS credentials (tfsUserName, tfsPassword, and tfsDomain attributes in AggregatorItems.xml besides former tfsServerUrl). Since then, everything works properly.

I have uploaded the file here: http://depositfiles.com/files/0uikdeq2r

Are you able to create the patch and submit it?

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Thank you very much for source! I'll post the patch as soon as possible.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

@guis-

I have a separate boot up that has VS 2012 and TFS 2012 on it now. 

If someone creates a patch/fork of the code that is targeted at TFS 2012, I look at it and probably create a beta build for it.

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Is there any patch available for VS 2012 ?
Apr 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Here is short instruction for 2012 TFS.
Download TfsAggregator sources.
To compile the project correctly
  1. Copy from the server (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 11.0\Application Tier\Web Services\bin)
    and link project to files:
    Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.dll and Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Server.Dataaccesslayer.dll
  2. In project properties change build destination folders to bin/Debug and bin/Release (In current version there are server network folders of developer)
To make it work on 2012 TFS.
  1. On server grant to NETWORK SERVICE Full rights for HKLM/CurrentControlset/services/eventlog (if does not work, create folder .../eventlog/TfsAggregator manually). Not sure that it is secure, but anyway.
  2. Change the constructor (TFSAccess.cs) TfsTeamProjectCollection to TfsTeamProjectCollection(new Uri(tfsUri), new System.Net.NetworkCredential(tfsLogin, tfsPassowrd));
    As tfsLogin I used su_TfsService. Getting tfsLogin and tfsPassword hardcode or implement as you like.
Apr 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM
And yes it works.

"Поле Старое значение Новое значение
Rev 11 12
Original Estimate 43 45
Remaining Work 20 22"
Apr 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Really need help setting this up, cant seem to get it to work in our TFS 2012 Environment. I have made a lot of Config changes and it will not take the plug in.
Any ideas?

Thank you
Coordinator
May 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM
I released a version that supports TFS 2012. Let me know if any one has any issues with it.