Notifications

Aug 5, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2011 at 7:11 PM

We had the following requiremetns from my last customer:

1. Script which automatically transitions Sprints to In Progress after the Sprint’s Start Date, and Done after the Sprint’s End Date (unless the state is Abnormally Terminated).
  2. Script which sums the Original Estimates for the Tasks belonging to a Feature and updates the User Story's Effort field.
  3. Script which automatically transitions User Stories from Not Started to In Progress when first Task transitions to In Progress, and transitions the User Story from In Progress to Review Pending when all Tasks are Done.
  4. Script which automatically transitions Tasks from Review Pending to Done when Reviewed By is completed.
  5. Script which sends a nightly email notification of the User Stories and Tasks in Review Pending state.

The TFS Aggregator handled 1-4 easily.  But is there a potential solution for #5?

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I am sorry to say your #5 is not in the scope (or planned scope) of TFS Aggregator.

I would suggest looking at alerts or writing a SQL Server Report that gets automatically run and emailed every night.