Provide example for Multiply/Divide operation

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:03 AM
Edited Apr 8, 2011 at 3:49 AM

Could you provide any example for multiply and Divide. It seems like only sum operation is working for me.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I have not used this functionality so it is possible it may be broken.  I have some changes that I will be hopefully releasing soon.  I will check the multiply and divide feature before I release. 

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Thanks looking for the new bit release. I was planning to use this add in for some kind of combine calculation (2* (work planned - work remaining). That will be great if the new bit release support the combine calculation formula with different operations.

Thanks.

May 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM

hi Vaccano,

Do you know any timeline you can release the new bit that will benefit the community?

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 9:25 PM

taibo20,

I have most of a new release done.  But the features I added ended up not being needed for my company's TFS Server.  Thus they are mostly untested. 

I am struggling with finding time to test them myself or just removing them. 

I did look the the multiply and divide code and it seems to be working for the next release.

I will try to get something out next week, but I can't promise that for sure.

Vaccano

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Thanks Vaccano. Looking forward for the latest release soon so we can utilize the useful features.

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Sorry for not posting that version I promised.  My work (the one that pays me) has really started taking up most of my time.

I looked at this code, and it did not seem to have any thing wrong with it.  But I may have fixed any issues previously.  I am going to post an alpha version very soon.  If you feel inclined please try that out.

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:22 AM

Thanks vaccano. Have you get a chance to release the alpha version yet?

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2011 at 2:01 PM

taibo20,

I released the Alpha version over a month ago.

You can download it here: http://tfsaggregator.codeplex.com/releases/view/69178

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I tried to get Multiple to work but it's not. It appears the double aggregateValue = 0 means that any multiplication is by 0 which = 0.
        private static bool NumericAggregation(IEnumerable<WorkItem> sourceWorkItems, WorkItem targetWorkItem, ConfigAggregatorItem configAggregatorItem)
        {
            double aggregateValue = 0;
            // Iterate through all of the work items that we are pulling data from.
            // For link typ of "Self" this will be just one item.  For "Parent" this will be all of the co-children of the work item sent in the event.
            foreach (WorkItem sourceWorkItem in sourceWorkItems)
            {
                // Iterate through all of the TFS Fields that we are aggregating.
                foreach (ConfigItemType sourceField in configAggregatorItem.SourceItems)
                {
                    double sourceValue = sourceWorkItem.GetField(sourceField.Name, 0.0);
                    aggregateValue = configAggregatorItem.Operation.Perform(aggregateValue, sourceValue);
                }
            }

if (aggregateValue != targetWorkItem.GetField<double>(configAggregatorItem.TargetItem.Name, 0))
            {
                targetWorkItem[configAggregatorItem.TargetItem.Name] = aggregateValue;
                return true;
            }
            return false;
        }
May 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Hi,

is there any news / update with this bug? does "Multiply" is available on TFS Aggregator 2012?

thanks!
Haim
Coordinator
May 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I have not fixed this one. I only have limited access to a TFS 2012 server.

When I get setup again for this I will try to fix this bug.
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Any chance you have TFS 2012 setup and can work on this soon?