Different rules for different team projects

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Hi,

Different team projects are based on different process templates and may have different fields.

Is it possible to define different aggregation rules for different team projects?

Thanks,

Shay

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2011 at 12:35 AM

TFS Aggregator is not process template specific.  The example xml file is from a modified version of the Visual Studio Scrum 1.0 template. 

But the xml file is just a sample XML file.  You can (and should!) put your own field names in where it makes sense for your template. 

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:26 AM

I'm sorry for not being clear.

What I am looking for is supporting different Team Projects on the same server/collection.

I have different Team Projects which have different WIT schemas and need different rules.

Do I do this by adding conditions or is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Shay

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Shay,

TFS Aggregator can support different process templates using DIFFERENT fields.  Because the aggregations are based off of field name, if you reuse a field between templates then it will match the aggregation.

If you are using different fields then just create new aggregation rules for the different fields.

As a side note, project level conditions/filters seem like a good idea.  I will add it to the wish list of future features.  I hope to get to it fairly soon.