Conditions in Mapping

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to add a condition based on a State to a mapping?

For example, set the product backlog items to Ready to Test if all the child tasks are done except if the product backlog item is already in Done state.

Also, according to your documentation, there is no NotEqualTo in the operator. Is that right?

Finally, can you clarify the leftField and rightField, they are both taking their value from the Target Work Item according to your documentation. Is it a mistake?

Thanks a lot!

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Edited Feb 28, 2011 at 6:39 PM

>>I would like to know if it's possible to add a condition based on a State to a mapping?
State to mapping is not supported as a condition.  (It sounds like a cool idea.)  But state can be in a condition against just a string value. (ie "In Progress")

>>Also, according to your documentation, there is no NotEqualTo in the operator. Is that right?
Good catch with the NotEqualTo.  I can see this being a problem for me too (in the scenario you mentioned).  I will try to get this added this week, but I cannot guarantee it.

Assuming you always go from “In Progress” to “Ready For Test” then you could use this:

<Conditions>
    <Condition leftField="State" operator="EqualTo" rightValue="In Progress"/>
  </Conditions>

If you sometimes go from “New”/”Not Done” to “Ready For Test” then you will have to wait for the NotEqualTo feature.

>> Finally, can you clarify the leftField and rightField, they are both taking their value from the Target Work Item according to your documentation. Is it a mistake?
Conditions were intended to be only for the target field (so it is not a mistake).  I admit that this was a limitation simply because I did not need to conditions between source and target.  If you can make a good case for having conditions that compare source to target then then I may put it in.

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I have added the feature of allowing "NotEqualTo" as a condition.

It is in version 1.0.2.

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Very good. Thanks you again! You are awesome! I will give it a try and tell you later.